The Corporate Health and Wellness Association is the first national non-profit association focused on health, wellness, prevention and disease management for employers, employees and their families. Our goal is to promote health and wellness in the workplace and to foster an atmosphere of education and engagement with healtha and wellness programs in the workplace.
We are in a serious healthcare crisis. The rate of Americans that are unhealthy is climbing significantly each year. Many Americans do not live lifestyles that promote health and wellness, and many are not focusing on managing their diseases and preventing diseases or preventing diseases from becoming worse. This rising problem of Americans becoming more unhealthy is a major contributing factor to the rising and unaffordable healthcare costs.
Many Americans live an unhealthy lifestyle, not by choice but because of a lack of education as to what they need to do to maintain a healthy lifestyle. A lack of education about being healthy and well, as well as a lack of motivation to get employees to “engage” in healthy behavior is one of the largest problems the United States Faces.
- To raise awareness of the importance of living a healthy lifestyle and the benefits of employers implementing health and wellness programs.
- To provide a reliable source of information, statistics and research data on health and wellness for employers, affinity groups, insurance companies, insurance agents and consultants.
- To create a central point for communication in the corporate wellness industry for employers, affinity groups, insurance companies, insurance agents and consultants.
- To perform research and surveys in the area of Corporate Wellness.
- For the Corporate Wellness industry to come together to find more efficient and effective ways to educate, implement and enroll Corporate Wellness programs.
- To focus heavily on improved methods and ways to get employees to “engage” in corporate wellness programs.
- To spread the message of the return on investment and successful results for employers who implement corporate health and wellness programs.
- To identify which corporate wellness programs are the most effective and which corporate wellness programs that do not work.
- To identify new corporate wellness plans and products that the CHWA’s employer and affinity group members wish to be created and find companies willing to develop these new corporate wellness programs.
- To have a monthly trade publication in corporate wellness to educate employers, employees, and plan members on corporate wellness.
- To create an annual meeting where all those industry participants in corporate wellness can come together and network.
The Corporate Wellness Association is an non profit trade group, founded on July 4, 2009. This date was created specifically as the start of independence from America living an unhealthy lifestyle and to note of a historical changing in time as the first non profit trade group for employer and employees wellness has been founded and will take up the torch to fight the battle of education and engagement of plan members.
The Corporate Health and Wellness Association is in the application process of a 501(c)(6) designation by the Internal Revenue Service. Section 501(c)(6) of the Internal Revenue Code provides for the exemption of business leagues, which are not organized for profit and no part of the net earnings of which inures to the benefit of any private shareholder or individual. The Corporate Health and Wellness Association does not have shareholders or investors.
How is the Corporate Health and Wellness Association/Corporate Wellness Association Different?
The CHWA is the first and only national non-profit association focused solely on Employer/Corporate health and wellness. The CHWA’s purpose is to grow the corporate wellness industry and raise awareness for health and wellness in the workplace while driving the industry in a positive direction and serving the interest of it’s CWHA members.
Why was the Corporate Health and Wellness Association Created?
The Corporate Health and Wellness Association was created because the Corporate Health and Wellness industry is a multi billion dollars industry with thousands of employers offering corporate wellness programs and millions of Americans enrolled in corporate wellness programs. Despite how large the industry is there has never been a non profit trade association that focuses on and protects the interests of the corporate health and wellness industry or that focuses on it’s growth and raising awareness for health and wellness. The Corporate Health and Wellness Association was founded as an employer, affinity group and insurer coalition. Many employers and affinity groups do not know where to turn to find out what are the corporate wellness programs to offer to employees and who the best corporate wellness companies are, or what corporate wellness programs offer the best return on investment (ROI).
The Corporate Health and Wellness Association will work to accomplish these goals on behalf of our employer, affinity group and insurer members.
For more information on the Corporate Health and Wellness Association please contact us via email at info@HealthandWellnessAssociation.com.